Sunday, May 31, 2009

Paperwork DONE...AGAIN!

Our adoption social worker came over yesterday, had a tour of the house, and collected all our paperwork:

-Letters for both of us signed by our physician stating that we are "healthy and free of communicable disease". The letter also includes our height and weight.
-Updated employment letters
-3-4 pictures of the outside of our home
-A sketch of the floor plan of our home including approximate dimensions of each room

To complete the I-171H/I-797C form, we are also submitting:
-photocopies of a photo id for yourself and your spouse
-photocopies of yours and your spouses birth certificates
-photocopy of your marriage certificate (if applicable)
-photocopies of any divorce decrees (if applicable)
-a photocopy of your current I-171H/I-797C
-a letter requesting the free extension and fingerprinting appointment. You will find a sample form letter for this request attached with this email. This will mean another trip to San Antonio to have our fingerprints scanned again. Why do they need "fresh" fingerprints? I don't know.
- a written statement, signed under penalty, attesting that a form I-600 has not been filed on this I-600a application. You will find a sample form letter for this statement attached with this email

No comments: